Why and when your consent is necessary
When you register as a client with Krumur Clinic, you provide consent for our Doctors, Physios and practice staff to access and use your personal information so they can provide you with the best possible healthcare. Only staff who need to see your personal information will have access to it. If we need to use your information for anything else, we will seek additional consent from you to do this.
Why do we collect, use, hold and share your personal information?
Krumur Clinic will need to collect your personal information to provide healthcare services to you. Our main purpose for collecting, using, holding and sharing your personal information is to manage your health. We also use it for directly related business activities, such as financial claims and payments, practice audits and accreditation, and business processes (e.g staff training).
What personal information do we collect?
The information we will collect about you includes your:
• names, date of birth, addresses, contact details, emergency contact
• medical information including medical history, medications, allergies, adverse events, immunisations, social history, family history and risk factors
• healthcare identifiers
How do we collect your personal information?
Krumur Clinic may collect your personal information in several different ways.
- When you make your first appointment our practice staff will collect your personal and demographic information via your registration.
2. During the course of providing medical services, we may collect further personal information.
3. We may also collect your personal information when you visit our website, send us an email or SMS, telephone us, make an online appointment.
When, why and with whom do we share your personal information?
We sometimes share your personal information:
• with third parties who work with our practice for business purposes, such as accreditation agencies or information technology providers – these third parties are required to comply with APPs and this policy
• with other healthcare providers
• when it is required or authorised by law (eg court subpoenas)
• when it is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to a patient’s life, health or safety or public health or safety, or it is impractical to obtain the patient’s consent
• to assist in locating a missing person
• when there is a statutory requirement to share certain personal information (eg some diseases require mandatory notification)
Only people who need to access your information will be able to do so.
Other than in the course of providing medical services or as otherwise described in this policy, our practice will not share personal information with any third party without your consent.
We will not share your personal information with anyone outside India (unless under exceptional circumstances that are permitted by law) without your consent.
Krumur Clinic will not use your personal information for marketing any of our goods or services directly to you without your express consent. If you do consent, you may opt out of direct marketing at any time by notifying our practice in writing.
Krumur Clinic may use your personal information to improve the quality of the services we offer to our patients through research and analysis of our patient data.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
Your personal information may be stored at our practice in various forms. The majority of our records are in electronic format. Any correspondence, received in an alternative method eg: post, are then scanned into your personal records and the paper document is then shredded. X-rays, Ct scans etc are not held by the practice and are the responsibility of the patient. Documented photos are stored in your electronic records. Our practice stores all personal information securely. All electronic patient records, personal information, financial information etc are securely stored using individual passwords, confidentiality agreements for any staff and or contractors entering the premises.
How can you lodge a privacy-related complaint, and how will the complaint be handled at our practice?
We take complaints and concerns regarding privacy seriously. You should express any privacy concerns you may have in writing. We will then attempt to resolve it in accordance with our resolution procedure.
Please contact our practices via the following methods:
- Postal: Centre Head, Krumur Clinic, S No 72 PMC Meditation Hall, Shravasti Nagar, Ghorpadi, Pune, Maharashtra, India
2. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. In business hours Ph: +91 8551 965656
Please allow 30 days to receive a response, so our management team can review and respond.
Please note: We do not provide medical advice via e-mail and our website is general advice only. Please see your doctor for any medical advice required.
Facebook pages for Krumur Clinic are utilised as information and advertising platforms to reach our population. Instant messaging services are not utilised on these pages nor will be responded to as this mailbox is unmonitored.
Cookies and Pixels
Accessing your information, complaints and obtaining further information
If an individual wishes to:
- complain to us about a breach of privacy; or
- access his or her own information held by us; or
- correct any information held by us concerning his or her own information; or
- find out more about how we deal with personal information, that individual can contact:
S No 72 PMC Meditation Hall Shravasti Nagar, Ghorpadi,
India – 411001